Supervisor Manufacturing Engineer
- Regularly interacts with site management on high-level matters relating to noncompliance, equipment status, schedule attainment, and operational efficiency.
- Accountable for the operational readiness of the production environment and provides management support and direction during emergency/crisis situations (system and facility).
- oIdentify operational and technological factors that impact production and delivery, and proactively make recommendations as well as implement strategic change and/or process improvements.
- Measure and report key service level deliverables and performance indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to ensure operational and customer service goals are met.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Provide technical support cross-functionally to other departments for the custom manufacturing of new and existing products:
- Work with Quality to improve product quality via continuous improvement, CAPA, SCAR, or other mechanisms to improve key product quality metrics. Assist Quality with troubleshooting product issues.
- Work with Materials to ensure sourced materials and services meet production needs and goals. Assist Materials with troubleshooting sourcing and supply chain issues. Order raw materials as required by current production requirements (demographic paper, filter paper, ink, dies, etc…)
- Work with Operations to sustain and improve process, equipment, personnel, and systems ensuring manufacturing processes are capable to meet key process indicators for production. Assist Operations with troubleshooting production issues.
- Work with Engineering to sustain and improve equipment and facilities and provide support for capital projects including, where needed, project management duties of researching, justifying, and implementing capital expenditures. Assist Engineering with troubleshooting equipment and facility issues.
- Act urgently across functions to maximize Adherence to Schedule.
- Participation in LEAN initiatives such as Kaizen and Set-up reduction events.
- Demonstrate flexibility/adaptability while handling day-to-day challenges confidently, adjusting to multiple demands, and shifting priorities in an environment of ambiguity and rapid change.
- Leverage PerkinElmer networks; build strong relationships with internal and external resources/vendors.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Associate degree and 7 years of manufacturing experience
- HS degree or GED and 9 years of manufacturing experience
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.