Software Engineer (AWS/DevOps)
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
As the Software Engineer, you will be a part of an interdisciplinary team that creates stellar data-driven cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspects of a project. We process billions of events every day using Scala, Python and Apache Spark and a variety of AWS and Azure services. We are building a new product offering which will require skills across the development stack from UI to backend data storage & processing. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting fully cloud based solution and shape a new product area.
- 100% of time spent on actual coding, refactoring and improving our solution
- Contributing to the technical design and implementation of practical, maintainable project solutions
- Participating in design reviews and recommending improvements
- Providing support in all phases of SDLC
- Collaborating with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing tasks within deadlines
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience with Java or another high-level language. Bonus if you have experience with Scala, Python and/or Golang.
- Knowledge of Big Data stack of technologies, including Hadoop and Spark would be a plus
- A truly strong background in the computer science and general programming
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems would be a plus
- Proficiency in Linux/MacOS environment as development platform
- Experience deploying and utilizing cloud-based services using AWS or Azure is a plus
- Must have solid Linux skills including shell commands, shell scripting
- Some basic understanding of PowerShell would be beneficial
- Solid experience in testing methodologies, test-driven design and the creation of effective and reliable test cases
- Excellent team skills
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.