Segment Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager is responsible for advocating PerkinElmer’s capabilities to the food testing market. You will create the marketing strategy and plan in coordination with Market and Product Managers, develop messaging and value propositions, create a varied selection of content, with a focus on enhancing the buyer’s journey. With a strong digital program including effective search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM) and social media, you will work to increase the web traffic and demand. Responsibilities also include establishing an extensive global internal and external network, driving advancements across a variety of processes and customer engagement. While this position will focus primarily on the food testing market, you will have the ability to grow and gain experience in other market segments in the future.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Increasing web page traffic and awareness and demand for PerkinElmer’s solutions, applying a strong marketing strategy with a variety of tactics
- Developing and leveraging an in-depth understanding of customer personas, needs and buying journey within the assigned segment
- Building content architecture and creating relevant content for inbound and outbound marketing activities; writing or curating content in the industry vernacular (e.g. case studies, blog posts, videos, podcasts, brochures, product and technical notes)
- Creating and executing the annual segment marketing plan to grow the business, prioritize and align target audiences, developing effective messaging and positioning for products and solutions
- Working with scientific partners in the business unit and regional marketing teams in APAC, EMEAI and Americas to deliver audience centric messaging and content for lead and demand generation campaigns
- Optimizing and updating the segment webpages and meta-data for most relevance to customers and search engines
- Driving a successful SEM and Social Media program
- Working in close collaboration with related departments and teams to advance projects and keep timelines
- Designing and driving new product/solutions launch plans
- Using analytics to optimize content and plans for maximum return and business contribution
- Monitoring competition and driving competitive positioning
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or science
- Some experience in product or segment marketing, preferably across all marketing channels. We are also open for young talent with only some experience.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills, as well as communication and presentation skills
- Experience in creating value propositions and messaging strategies and formulating and executing unique and creative content ideas to achieve specific marketing objectives.
- Digital marketing to drive web traffic and customer engagement
- Fluent in English, second language preferred
- This position will collaborate with stakeholders globally and may be required to support projects/priorities/meetings during non-standard working hours.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time both domestically and internationally for conferences, meetings and customer visits
- MBA preferred
- Experience in food industry or analytical science desired, a background in science is advantageous
- Experience working cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- 100% results-oriented while being a highly motivated team player
- Product launches
- Conducting competitor and customer research to gain insights and evaluate market messages or differentiation opportunities
- Converting quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Strong business acumen
- Confident working with scientists and on technical topics
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.