Material Handler: Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. To perform finishing operations including rework of devices, folding devices, wrap and box devices, and corner cut devices, collate devices and brochures (and envelopes, if required), perform kitting operations. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Packages and maintains records of merchandise shipping through the Finishing department. Survey Tip: Employees matched to this job family may be known as warehouse associates, shipping, receiving, pick-packs, or store clerks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform the necessary finishing operations to complete the devices that come from the collators.
- Fold and restack for wrapping.
- Apply a label to each package before it is placed into the shipping cartons to be sent to the customers.
- Maintain all required documentation of their work performed and all proper labeling of all materials and products. Perform kitting operations as required
- Comply with all cGMP, customer, and regulatory requirements.
- Assure compliance with safety and health regulations and good housekeeping practices within assigned areas, as well as compliance with all quality specifications.
- Maintain all required documentation of work performed and ensure that all devices and materials are labeled properly.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Complete Knowledge Check for Rework after in-house training
- Be able to lift 50 lbs safely
- Must be willing to work overtime during the week and a minimum of 2 Saturdays per month.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to read a ruler. Be able to communicate well with others to keep jobs flowing forward.
- Temperature controlled office and manufacturing environment with large printing and related equipment.
- MUST be able to perform both sit down and stand up tasks.
- Finishing Department, clean, materials nearby and orderly.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.