Field Marketing Specialist 1
Sodexo is seeking a Field Marketing Specialist 1 to support dinning operations locations at Georgia College located in beautiful Milledgeville, GA. With this exciting opportunity, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the marketing plan and budget of each fiscal year with the goal of increasing as well and retaining existing market share. This role will be critical for strategic enhancement of University Dining initiatives in the area of marketing, communications and public relations.
Students today are constantly on the go, expecting healthier dining choices, excellent service and lots of flexibility for where and when they choose to eat. We understand students and meet their ever-changing needs. That is why Sodexo Education is the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country.
Marketing, Communications & Public Relations:
- A strategic marketing, communications and PR program that enhances the image, position within the marketplace and general public for University Dining.
- All the University Dining marketing and communications activities, including publications and social media relations.
- Ensure articulation of University Dining desired image and position. Assure consistent communication of image and position throughout identified outlets, both internal and external.
- Conduct relevant market research. Emphasis on student engagement and participation in university settings.
- Coordinate and oversee this activity to monitor trends. Develop, implement strategies for optimization.
- Lead projects as assigned, such as selling meal plans, driving retail revenues and coordinating special events.
- Production and distribution of all University Dining publications.
- Manage the appearance of all the University Dining’s print, social media, website, use of logo, and brochures.
- Consult with the University Dining staff and key team members to develop and maintain a strategic perspective.
- Coordinate and oversee critical client communications including yearly annual plan and semester reviews.
- Participate in client meetings and teams to integrate University mission and values into programming.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and sales skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment. Can meet tight deadlines.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Experience with designing, implementing an annual marketing, communications and public relations plan.
- Strong track record with developing, implementing and/or managing a multi-channel communication plan.
- Knowledgeable current trends in the Hospitality, Foodservice and/or Educational industries is strongly preferred.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated successful experience with making presentations.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Track record with influencing, driving continuous improvements.
- Strong analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel) and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Hospitality, Foodservice and/or Educational industries is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing.
- Drives growth through planning, development and execution of growth initiatives, including: Non-Mandatory Sales/Pricing/Retail & Catering/New Sales & Retention/eCommerce & Mutualized Promotions
- Develops and implements plans intended to increase customer insight/satisfaction through Surveys/Focus Groups/Engagement Promotions and relevant technology
- Develops and implements internal/external communication through Websites/Social Media/Innovation Sharing/Best Practices
- Forges collaborative relationships to create transformative customer experiences
- Establishes program awareness through a physical presence at site
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.