District Manager 1
Does your background scream HOSPITALITY!? Are you the LEADER we are looking for? Sodexo Live! has an exciting opportunity for a District Manager 1 – Airport Lounges. The District Manager will oversee Chase Sapphire Lounge operations at the AUS, BOS, IAD, JFK and LGA Airports. Do you have a hospitality background and provide exceptional service every day to your end customer? We are seeking an executive who has the dynamic style of providing our customers a great quality experience.
The preferred candidate must reside in the Boston, MA area.
Position Overview: Reporting directly to the Sodexo, Sr. National Client Executive, you will oversee and direct the food and beverage operations for our large, multi-site clients ensuring successful operations and strong client relationships.
This includes the following key duties:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships promoting the Clients for Life philosophy;
- Work pro-actively with clients and Sodexo Live, Sr. National Client Executive in all matters relating to contract and account operations to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship;
- Lead and inspire your teams to continually improve Sodexo’s performance for our clients and customers;
- Analyze and forecast financial results making decisions based on data and needs;
- Develop and innovate to promote improved performance within units;
- Manage vendor contracts and oversee performance; and/or
- Build and maintain strong teams through recruitment and retention.
We are looking for:
This position requires superior leadership and organizational skills. Candidate must have a proven track record in top tier hotels, cruise lines or similar food and beverage experience with a focus on exceptional customer and client service;
- Ideal candidate will have a compelling and energetic executive presence along with a great attention to detail and the ability to excel within the client team environment. Previous multi-site responsibility required;
- This position requires the candidate to be a strategic-thinking leader who can work in partnership with a complex client organization. You will also work nationally in a matrix-style environment to deliver consistently high-quality operations;
- Experience managing high end food venues;
- Extensive fiscal management experience which includes developing and managing individual budgets upwards of $15-20M within company and client targets, fiscal analysis, utilization of data to make effective business decisions and proven ability to deliver on growth strategies;
- Knowledge of the latest trends and innovations to drive client value;
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop, and lead a strong management team;
- Highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities, meet deadlines and pro-actively address operational and client needs;
- Proven ability to develop exceptional client relations;
- Strong communication, presentation and client relations skills and the ability to work both horizontally and vertically within both organizations; and/or
- Business development skills to identify and successfully target growth opportunities among existing clients;
- Union Management experience.
This career opportunity offers a competitive salary, bonus, car allowance, and full benefits. This is a full–time position with variable hours that may include occasional evenings or weekends.
Careers in Airport Lounges:
Take your hospitality career sky-high! First impressions go a long way and working for Sodexo means adhering to the highest standards and creating exceptional experiences for our valued guests. In your role, you may be responsible for food & beverage, guest satisfaction and appearance care services within a private airline club/lounge environment.
Serves as the primary representative of Sodexo for multiple accounts in a designated geographic area. Responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all activities within the assigned geographic area through subordinate managers, supervisors and employees including financial performance, client retention, and employee training and development. Works with each client and the Vice President in all matters relating to contract and account operations in order to establish and maintain a solid and mutually beneficial business relationship that ensures account retention. Develops a business plan and budget for the accounts with the General Manager’s.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 5 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.