Customer Service Engineer
PerkinElmer is seeking a Customer Service Engineer to impact the experience of PerkinElmer customers by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
Influence positively on the overall performance of the Customer Service Department by maintaining a flexible approach to work. Working with our Tech Support and Scheduling team to plan and execute work in an effective and efficient manner.
Main product groups that will be supported are LC and GC/GCMS and full product training will be given.
Candidates living in the M4 corridor will be best positioned to support customers in South England, Midlands and South Wales.
Priorities and Objectives
- Performs field service activities including carrying out repairs, maintenance and installation of PerkinElmer instrumentation and their accessories.
- Provide onsite user training on defined product groups.
- At the request of the Service Manager, performs service on behalf of PerkinElmer overseas offices, to the standard expected in the UK, at sites of overseas customers.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types.
- Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets.
- Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard.
- Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a Biotechnology discipline
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment preferred.
- Background in Electronics preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Incumbent must have excellent people management and motivational skills
- Strong Technical skills on Laboratory Instrumentation, especially Chromatography (LC/GC)
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Ability to communicate internally; orally and in writing.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.