Associate Inside Sales Representative
The Associate Inside Sales Representative, Informatics will act as a lead generation professional working closely with a team of Key Account Sales Specialists, Inside Sales Representatives and the Regional Sales Manager. They will plan and conduct outbound calling and/or correspondence to targeted prospects and clients, and qualify leads generated by the Marketing team. In addition, they will position partners closely with the regional sales team to effectively drive business in the region. This position plays a key support role and will work closely with the regional sales team to execute a defined outreach strategy to penetrate defined accounts to meet assigned business objectives.
- Work closely with sales team to align daily activities and practices to effectively meet assigned business objectives
- Communicate effectively over the phone and via email within the context of a highly-professional, technical/clinical sales environment
- Interpret messages and respond appropriately in a timely manner
- Ability to identify critical actions and adjust priorities as necessary
- Document and track all leads, contacts, and activity history consistently and in accordance with best practices within Salesforce.com
- Conduct planning and research using a variety of database, internet, and industry tools
- Collaborate with the regional sales team on tactics to meet business objectives
- Demonstrate technical capacity to understand sales tools (Web, database, CRM, Order Management, reports) and be able to effectively articulate technical information in an easily understood manner
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a life science discipline
- 1-2 years in a successful telemarketing role; experience in a life science market place a plus
- Strong analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-motivated with a winning attitude, thrives in a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize responsibilities according to business requirements
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.